Physical exercise for varicose veins
Just to give up exercise called phlebologists do not recommend. Because the disease often venous are caused by the sedentary life-style, in which the blood stagnates in the extremities. Sports in varicose veins is possible, but you need to select the best physical activities.
The lessons, which should give you the preference:
- Swimming. The movement in the water promote the outflow of the venous blood from the direction of the blood vessels, strengthen the muscles and venous walls. The load on the legs when this is minimal. The water massages the skin, making it more tonic and elastic.
- Nordic walking, or walking on the treadmill. If regular courses of 1-2 km, then the probability of the development of varicose veins is minimal. Walking reduces the pressure in the veins, the muscles contract and the blood circulates better.
- Activity efx or sci. It is worth to engage with a lot of attention, to avoid overloading the system. Too strong, the pace of lessons can obstruct the venous outflow of the arts.
- Yoga. Preference is given to asanas, stretching, reversible, postures with the arms lifted up to the top of the legs. It is necessary to avoid the fiscal year in which occurs the compression of the blood vessels.
Also suitable for fitness classes, but you need to choose a light program with the lack of loads of strength – in the case of varicose veins it is not possible to lift a weight of over 3 kg. Fitness can also be useful, if the exercises are chosen by a physician and performed in the gym under the supervision of a coach.
Sports activities, which are contraindicated in the case of varicose veins: lifting weights, long run, marathon, aerobics, single combat, irish and african dance, where a lot of jumping, skipping rope.
Dietary restrictions in varicose veins
If you are diagnosed with varicose veins, the presence of an excess of body mass is highly desirable, as it increases the load on the legs. Body fat also slow down the circulation of blood in the veins. To avoid the appearance of excess weight or obtain its reduction, are necessary dietary restrictions. Restrictions will also help to strengthen blood vessels, relieve swelling and prevent progression of the disease.
Foods and drinks that is not advisable to use in case of varicose veins:
- Ventilation. There is nothing useful substances, but there is an excess of carbon dioxide that causes damage in the veins. So it is better to replace soda on the green, tea or herbal infusions.
- Alcohol and drinks containing caffeine. These beverages dilates blood vessels, which in varicose veins is very dangerous.
- Muffins, cakes, and pastries with oil creams. This food contains a large amount of harmful fats and sugars, which causes obesity.
- Fried and fatty food causes an increase in the levels of cholesterol in the blood, the appearance of plaques and the clogging of the veins.
Strengthen the walls of blood vessels will help nuts, fruit and berries, lean meat and, on the contrary, fatty fish, beans, buckwheat, oatmeal, pumpkin, cucumbers and tomatoes. Strong blood vessels are not as sensitive to pressure changes of the blood, as happens with thin vascular walls. The process of healing blood will help bioflavonoids, affect the algae.
In varicose veins it is very important to maintain the normal functioning of the intestine, so as to cause a violation of the venous outflow increased risk of the onset of constipation. Especially if you are diagnosed with varicose veins pelvic.
Contraindications in varicose veins
For the prevention and treatment of constipation sufferer of varicose veins you need to eat more fiber, drink plenty of fluids, follow a balanced diet and mode of food intake. The feed must be fractionated to five to six times a day in small portions. The breakfast must do so in the measure nutritious, rich in carbohydrates and proteins. The last meal should organize not later than four hours before bedtime. Drink during the meal is not worth it, the water dilutes the gastric juices. If the delay of the chair is already built, it is necessary to fight with all the forces their, not allowing for the development of hemorrhoids and the appearance of hemorrhoids.
Turkish bath and sauna for varicose veins
People who suffer from varicose veins, the Turkish bath or the sauna is strictly prohibited. High temperature blood vessels dilate, the blood volume increases several times, and as a result, increases the load on each vein. The veins are rigid and inelastic wall and are not able to resist such pressure.
The consequences after the visit of the bathroom, which can be a person with varicose veins: cramping, muscle pain, blood stasis, imbalance strength, yield strength, thrombophlebitis, which can develop into a thrombosis; the appearance of venous ulcers, heaviness in the legs. On the body can appear even more stretched.
Limitation applies and a solarium, and a long stay in the sun. In general, it is worth to avoid all that pertains to the heating of the feet.
Limitations in the choice of shoes with varicose veins of the lower limbs
If the disease is in the early stages, then wear high heels on special occasions only, and limited to a height of not more than four inches. But if pathology is running, nor what kind of shoes with heels and the speech can not be.
If my legs hurt always, to wear clogs, flip-flops, slap also contraindicated, because it does not close at the ankle and bring the foot chronic loads. In consequence, the legs are in constant tension, which is very harmful in the varicose veins.
Ballet flats, espadrilles and sneakers – is not the best option, as wearing this kind of shoes can also lead to Flatfoot. Better to invest in shoes, orthotics, or buy a special orthopaedic shoes. Today, manufacturers offer several types of these products, from shoes to winter boots.
Long trips and flights in varicose veins
Possibly with varicose veins is worth avoiding long trips in the car or bus and flights. In fact, in this case, in a matter of a few hours be in a sitting position. Accordingly, the feet swell, the blood stagnates, and the condition is aggravated. Hydrodynamic loading during flights can cause blood clots.
If, instead, avoid a trip or flight is not successful, you should follow some simple rules to facilitate the state:
- drink more fluids;
- periodically perform the movement of the legs, to avoid the stagnation of the blood;
- periodically walk around the cabin of an airplane or a bus, if there is the possibility;
- take breaks and walk for a few minutes in the car, if it comes to cars;
- necessarily (!) wear a compression garment prior to departure.
How dangerous is it to varicose veins
If a person suffers from varicose veins, then this is reflected on all organs and systems. The pressure in the veins can equal the pressure in the capillaries, which will lead to a slowing of the flow of blood to the organs, and hypoxia.
If the blood for a long time stagnating in the veins, accumulate in the tissues of the toxic products of an exchange, ulcers to form. What complications may be in varicose veins:
- Sores. The legs appear unhealed wounds because of the lack of oxygen caused by a malfunction of the circulation of the blood to the tissues.
- Thrombophlebitis and thrombosis. These complications are in 20% of cases of varicose veins. If you do not treat the disease, then the probability of the formation of blood clots in the lumen venous increases.
- Phlebitis of the lower limbs. The venous wall becomes inflamed, the patient feels chills, weakness, body temperature increase. If time does not react to a complication of an appropriate therapy, then the time can become thrombophlebitis.
- Varicose veins of the uterus. This disease most exposed pregnant women with varicose veins of the legs. This disease represents for the child a real threat, as well as the flow of blood from the mother to the fetus is broken, which can cause a premature birth or the death of a man not yet born.
On the background of varicose veins of the limbs, it can appear varicose hemorrhoidal veins. Sometimes the patient occurs with venous insufficiency, which makes any movement difficult and painful, leads to torpor of the limbs. If a sick person from vienna, a blood clot forms, it can be cause of heart attack. In the group of risk for this reason it is dominated by men.
What to do to prevent the development of such dangerous complications to health? It is obligatory to respect the contraindications in varicose veins, see your doctor regularly, moderately and do sports follow their diet. Do not wear tight shoes, synthetic clothes and uncomfortable. Be sure to get the compression quality linen and towels, use venotonic creams and tonics. The consequences of varicose veins is sometimes much more frightening in and of itself a disease, so it's worth to keep the disease under tight control.